Validate if the following prerequisites are met before installing and configuring Ativo Programs:
- Use Jira Cloud, Jira Server (> 7.8.0) or Jira Data Center (> 7.8.0).
- Use a two layer deliverables structure composed of epics (called “features” in the application), and underlying tickets (stories, spikes, bugs, tasks …). Sub-tasks and sub-bugs can also be used by teams, but will not be visible on the program planning board.
- Each program has its own backlog of features (epics) defined in a Jira Project, or shares a Jira project with other program(s). If multiple programs share their feature list in the same Jira project, a custom ‘select’ field is used as filter. (more info)
- Each team has its own Jira Project with stories, spikes, tasks, … (and other custom Jira issues), or shares a Jira project with other teams. If multiple teams share the same Jira project, a custom ‘select’ field is used as filter. (more info )
- When using the Jira Cloud platform: we only support ‘company-managed’ (‘Classic’) Jira projects. The ‘team-managed’ (‘next-gen’) are not supported, as they don’t support the necessary functionality to collaborate between teams. (more info)
- Work iteratively in periods (called “Program Increments” or “PI” in SAFe® terminology) at program level. Teams working scrum should create sprints for the next period (PI) upfront in their backlog. (more info)
- Teams can work using a Scrum or Kanban methodology.
- Teams can use Story Points or Man Days for their estimations, or use no estimations at all.
- The application is displayed in English only (contact support for upcoming language support).