Raise risks and impediments
Update the RAG and risk / impediment description on the program board
When managing a program, it is important to manage the key issues and risks that are raised from the teams.
Program impediments and risks can be linked to a feature or an issue (story) in a team.
To raise a risk or impediment :
- Click on the Programs button in the top menu bar
- Select in the left navigation bar the Program and Period
- Click on plan in the left navigation bar
- Click on the chevron (▼) to open the detailed view of an epic/feature or issue/story.
- Set the RAG indicator to Amber (program risk / issue with mitigation action) or Red (major program risk or issue without a solution).
- Click on Add a risk or impediment to describe the risk or impediment. It is a good practice to also include a description of the mitigation action (if known).
See the RAG and risk / impediment description on the progress board
To see the RAG status and risk/impediment descriptions at team / program level:
- Click on progress in the left navigation bar, and then on Program Total or Team
- Reviews the risks and impediments in the top-left section of the dashboard.