Teams contribute to the planning and delivery of programs. A team can contribute to multiple programs at the same time.
Only Ativo Agile Programs for Jira administrators can create, edit and delete teams (more info).
Ativo Agile Programs for Jira uses its own team configuration (Jira cloud also has team definitions, but these do not contain the information necessary for the application).
Create a team
To create a new team:
- Click on the button in the main navigation bar, and then on the button.
- Click on Create a new team
- Fill in a team name
- Choose a meaningful key for the team. The key can contain up to 10 uppercase characters.
- Set the mode of the team to Scrum or Kanban. With scrum, a team will plan stories in team sprints. With Kanban, a due date is used instead to map stories to sprints at program level.
- Set the estimation to Story Points, Man Days or No estimations. Each team can use its own estimation method. Totals at feature and program level will be consolidated with a standard conversion rate of 1 MD = 1SP for teams using man days, and 1 ticket = 1 SP for teams not using estimations.
- Choose the Jira project that contains the stories of the team. (see below section if multiple teams share the same Jira project).
- Click on Submit
Let teams share the same Jira project
We promote a “one Jira project per team” configuration, because this will allow you to create flexible and agile workflows for each team. We find that Jira is less easy to use and less powerful if teams can’t define their own workflow.
Nevertheless, teams can share the same Jira project. The application will need to know how stories are assigned to a team, so you will need to set up a filter per team to assign the stories to the team:
- Click on show project filters
- Select the Jira field you want to use as filter, and type in the exact value (case sensitive) you want to use in the filter.
Delete a team
Deleting a team will remove the team from all programs and all periods.
To delete a team:
- Click on at the right side of the table
- Click on submit