Version update: November 22, 2022
Welcome to the website of Ativo BV (https://ativo.io).
We respect the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This is the European privacy legislation that entered into force on 25 May 2018 and is binding throughout the European Union.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it?
We collect contact information and data from follow up conversations when you reach out to us per e-mail or via the contact form.
If you are a prospect, we collect your company, name, role, professional phone and professional e-mail address.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We monitor the behavior of visits on our website (how long you stay on a page, which links are clicked, etc.)
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you are an applicant, we process the data you provide to us, the data resulting from interviews and tests, data from persons you designate as reference and data that is publicly available and relevant for the assessment of your application (such as public messages on social media)
If you are a user of our application, we will not collect any personal data when using the application in a normal way. (e.g. users should not maliciously insert personal data in application configuration fields not meant to contain personal data.).
How do we collect your personal data?
We process personal data:
- Collected while being in contact with you
- Provided by you for the purpose of using our products and services
- When using our products and services
- When e-mailing or calling with us
- When visiting our website
How do we use your personal data?
When using our products and services:
- To provide functionalities (e.g. display the assigned user). This personal data (coming from Jira and accessed in respect with the Jira policies and security frameworks) is simply displayed to the user, and not collected, extracted, shared nor processed further.
- So that you can learn to use the products and services (e.g. trainee list, video call, …)
- To give you support (e-mail, chat, video call, …)
For our communication:
- To communicate with you
- To improve our communication
- To provide you with information about our services and products by e-mail or social media. We do that only if you are a customer or a prospect ( based on legitimate interest), or if you ask – e.g by registering for our newsletter.
For our website:
- To improve our website
- To present messages on the website
- To evaluate the use of our website.
For the following reasons:
- To guarantee and improve the operation of our site.
- To recognize you.
- To be able to show you targeted offers.
- To allow you to share content from our website on social media.
On which legal basis do we process your personal data?
- Execution of the agreement: some data must necessarily be processed to be able to deliver our services or to fulfill our obligations, to communicate with you prior to the conclusion of an agreement and to investigate the desirability of such a contract. For example, we need your contact details for licenses or to have your orders delivered, your e-mail address to let you know that your order is being executed and your billing information to be able to invoice you.
- Legal obligation : in some cases we are required by law to process your data. This is the case, for example, when we have to send your invoices, which must include a mandatory VAT number.
- Legitimate interest : are you a customer, user or more generally in an existing trade relationship? Then we will send you targeted information and newsletters about our products based on our legitimate interest. Unless of course you unsubscribe.
- Consent : we can also process your data if we have express permission for this, for example when you subscribe to a newsletter or for certain (targeted) offers (direct marketing).
Which third parties process your personal data?
These third parties process your data, but are not allowed to use the personal data themselves:
- Hosting of our website: Siteground, Webflow
- Marketing and monitoring integrations of our site: Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Hubspot
- Cloud storage: Dropbox, Microsoft
- Support tooling: Microsoft, Atlassian
Note: as mentioned above, personal data displayed in the application is not processed further nor shared with any third party.
How do we protect your personal data?
We protect your personal data by taking technical and organizational security measures such as:
- Technical security measures in the areas of access (login requirements, password policy, etc.), safekeeping (encryption, backup, etc.) and protection against outside access (firewall, antivirus software, etc.) of the media on which personal data can be stored
- Keeping a data register, complying with a data policy, imposing measures so that our employees treat the stored data confidentially.
- When we process your personal data based on legitimate interest (such as processing for prospecting purposes), we will perform a ” legitimate interest assessment ” to ensure that we have the required interest and that additional guarantees be provided and applied. In this way we guarantee a proportionate and balanced processing of your data in accordance with privacy legislation.
- Working with reliable partners / suppliers and enforcing safety guarantees with them
Despite the security measures that we take, it is important to know that data transfer via the internet is not without risk and that you must take the necessary precautions when you send data to us via the internet.
More information can be found in our Security Policy.
How long we retain your personal data?
Your data will be deleted in the following situations:
- Data saved to send your newsletters: if you do not show any interest for more than 48 months (e.g. do not click on any link in our emails for 48 months and also do not respond to our e-mail in which we announce that we stop e-mailing.
- If you are (a contact person at) a prospect, we will not keep your personal data for longer than 24 months if we cannot reach you or (if faster) until you find that you are not interested in our products / services.
- If you apply to us, we will keep your personal data for 24 months. If you have given permission to be added to our recruitment reserve, we will extend this permission every 24 months or delete your data
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
In other cases, the data will not be stored for longer than required in accordance with our (legal obligations or, failing that, reasonably justified by the reasons for its processing and our legitimate needs arising from it. These retention periods do not limit your right to be forgotten, as guaranteed by privacy legislation.
After the aforementioned retention periods, we may store certain key data in “non-contact / non-process” lists to ensure that we do not contact you or otherwise process your data after you have indicated to us that you do not want us to contact you or further process your data.
Where do we process your personal data?
The data that you provide to us is stored and processed:
- On the servers and computers that we use within the European Union,
- On the systems of the specified third parties that process the data.
- We opt for processing within the European Union as much as possible, but some of these service providers process data outside the EU. In those cases we ensure that they offer an appropriate level of protection.
By transferring your data to us, you accept that we process it in the aforementioned ways.
You can choose not to share your personal data with us. If you choose this, you can continue to use our website, but you will not be able to use parts for which we need to know who you are.
We must be able to continue to process the personal data that we need to continue to provide our services as long as you use our services.
You can request that we do not use your data for marketing purposes. If you receive marketing communication from us, you can always unsubscribe (opt-out), for example by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
What rights you have over your data?
You can exercise your rights by emailing to us at email@example.com
You are entitled (within the legal conditions) to access the data that we hold about you. This includes the right to request additional information regarding:
- The categories of your personal data that we process,
- The purposes for which we process your personal data,
- The categories of third parties to whom we transfer your personal data,
- The period during which we store your personal data or on the basis of which criteria this period is determined,
- The other rights that you can exercise with regard to your data.
We will provide you with this information within 30 days of your request, unless we thereby violate the rights or freedoms of others (e.g. Confidentiality, intellectual rights, etc.), in which case we will inform you accordingly.
You have the right to have personal data that we hold about you corrected. You can do this by emailing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can prevent us from using your personal data to profile you or make automatic decisions. We can use your data to determine whether certain information or (targeted) offers can be useful. Third-party service providers who place the advertising messages on our website can also use your data (which they collect from us and at other places) to show you targeted publicity.
You have the right to take your data with you within the legal conditions. We can deliver your data to you in a structured file. Thereby only data will be given on which you have a right to access (see above).
You have the right to forget and therefore to be “forgotten” by us. This means that we delete all data for which we no longer have a reasonable interest in storing it further. For example, we may have an interest in storing your information if your customer is with us and we need that information to contact you.
You always have the right to make a complaint
If you believe that we do not handle your data correctly, we would like to hear what your concerns are so that we can investigate and, if necessary, correct them.
You have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority (Belgium): https://www.gegevensbeschermingsautoriteit.be
Of course we hope that you first discuss your complaint with us, so we can look for a solution.
Who are we?
Meubelstraat 20, 2800 Mechelen, Belgium
How to contact us?
Phone: +32 499 55 38 93 (GMT+1 time zone)
Copyright and quality label
A use license has been granted.